Become a bookbinder with this Ultimate Bookbinding Starter Kit.
Learning a new craft can be incredibly rewarding. Take some time out of your busy life and experience the satisfaction of transforming a pile of paper and board into your own hard-cover book!
I've put this kit together for craft lovers or anyone who wants to learn a new skill. It also makes a lovely DIY gift set for a friend or loved one.
The ultimate bookbinding kit has all the tools you need to make a single-section case binding at home using traditional tools and techniques. You'll receive detailed instructions including a visual-aid to take you through the step-by-step process and is suitable for complete beginners.
The single-section case binding is a lovely book to get you started in the world of bookbinding, with impressive results. You'll be able to use the same steps and principles for your own future projects. This style of binding creates wonderful notebooks or sketchbooks and makes great gifts.
Included in this kit:
• 10 x sheets of plain paper for your book
• 2 x boards for your covers – usually called greyboard
• Decorative/coloured papers for your endpapers and cover (these will vary per kit)
• Book cloth – a fabric that comes backed with paper
• Mull – a fabric with an open weave
• Bone folder – for scoring lines and folder paper
• Bulldog clips
• Scalpel – Swann Morton no 3 handle
• 5 x Swann Morton 10A blades
• Cutting Mat
• Awl – used to make sewing holes
• 2 x Glue Brushes
• Metal Ruler
• Bookbinding Needle
• Linen Thread
• Beeswax – helps prevent tangles and lubricates your thread
You will have materials to make one binding and a suppliers list is included if you catch the bookbinding bug!
*Not included: PVA, Pencil, Waste Paper and something heavy to press your book!
Please note this kit is not suitable for young children due to sharp tools and should only be purchased by someone over 18.